Greetings from Tata Medical Center..!!
We are hiring following positions
Position: Scientific Officer – Microbiology
Qualification: MSc from a recognized institution in Medical Microbiology/ Microbiology/ Bio-
- Essential: Familiarity with diagnostic methods in Molecular Biology and Medical Microbiology
- Desirable: Minimum 3 years post qualification working in a recognised Laboratory.
Brief Job Description:
- Microscopy, culture, serology and molecular biology related tests in Medical Microbiology
- Nucleic acid extraction; PCR and DNA sequencing
- To perform manual and automated ELISA
- Teaching and training other staff and students
- Data entry, inventory management
- Quality control work
- Night duties and holiday duties in Microbiology
GENERAL DUTY and responsibilities:
- Work as a team and share roles and responsibilities
- Take additional responsibilities to deal with staff shortages or increased workload
- Be prepared to stay beyond the normal working hours to deal with important routine or
- emergency work
- Maintain good documentation of their work
- Maintain and improve technical and scientific competence through regular training sessions
- Be ready to teach and train others from time to time
- Maintain a professional atmosphere within work areas
- Be prepared to take on managerial responsibilities such as those involving laboratory audit,
- inventory management, quality assurance, equipment maintenance, health and safety, duty-
- rota development, writing standard operating procedures, human resource allocation in
- different sections of the laboratory etc.
- To perform night duties and holiday duties in the sections of Microbiology.
- Get involved and assist the laboratory in basic or clinical research. This may involve doing
- additional laboratory bench work or writing manuscript for scientific articles.
- Presenting posters / papers in local / regional / national scientific meetings
- A person with Philanthropic bent of mind.
- Sound Technical knowhow
- Good working experience in Microbiology
- Good Inter-personal Skills
- Excellent analytical skill and Problem solving skills
- Quality Consciousness
- Proficiency in English language
- Ability to work in an unstructured work situation with multiple demands.
- Good Team Player
- Experience with automated equipments, Computer skills, knowledge of laboratory
- information systems and experience with Internal Quality Control and External Quality
- Assurance programmes is desirable.
The remuneration will be commensurate with years of experience.
*For more details and application forms, please log on to our website today:
You may also Email or Post applications by 10th September 2020 to:
Mr. Suvasish Mukherjee, Head-Human Resources, Tata Medical Center, 14 MAR (EW), New Town,
Kolkata – 700160.
Email – email@example.com