Greetings from Syngene international..!!!
Department: Discovery Biology
Designation: Lead investigator, Antibody engineering
Qualification: PhD with >10 years of experience in academia or in industry in antibody engineering
Job Location: Bangalore
Job Purpose: Syngene’s Discovery Biology Department is seeking an outstanding scientist who is proficient in antibody engineering and antibody discovery to work on exciting therapeutic antibody programs. The candidate must have demonstrable track record in the area of antibody engineering with at least 10 years of post-PhD experience. Excellent people-management and communication skills are a must.
- Involvement in creating infrastructure for display platforms such as yeast/phage/mammalian etc.
- Development of new cutting-edge structure based computational tools to advance antibody discovery, optimization and engineering
- Implement humanization and affinity maturation strategies
- Epitope mapping and determination of kinetic constants
- Serve as technical lead on projects in a cross-functional team setting
- Act as a champion for antibody development
- Ability to independently analyse and present scientific data
- Accountability for completion of projects on time
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Possess the knowledge and exposure to environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices
- Ensure the development of effective environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices for the company and oversee compliance with those practices
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes environment, health, and safety (EHS) mindset at workplace
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
- Ensure environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures are imparted via training and adhered within the team
- Substantial hands on experience in antibody engineering
- Experience in antibody sequence isolation, repertoire analysis and V region classification
- Use of any of the display platforms such as yeast, phage etc.
- Proficiency in designing and developing intracellular protein-protein interactions using a reporter system
- Experience in transient and stable expression of cells for antibody production and purification
- Use of cell-based reporter system for functional assays
- Experience in computational and biological sciences
- A proactive attitude towards internal and external customer satisfaction and the highest standards of scientific quality and regulatory compliance.
- To be an excellent communicator with demonstrable skills in written, spoken and presentation media.
- Have a meticulous attitude towards consistency of 100% quality in study plan, reports and related material.
- Be aware of study status at all times and anticipate problems that may affect timing, quality or integrity and take appropriate action to resolve such problems.