PI Industries Research Jobs – Biology/Mol Bio/ Biochem Apply. Biology/ Molecular Biology/ Biochemistry and Microbiology jobs. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Details of Vacancy
Post Name: Research Scientist Biology
The role holder shall report to the Group leader and shall develop, validate and execute in-vitro bio-chemical, bio physical and cell based assays for the profiling of chemical compounds thereby advancing small molecule lead optimization projects from the discovery to pre-development / development of innovative chemicals for crop protection / crop growth with an aim of adding significant value to the business of PI.
- Plan experiments to investigate and analyse the bio-chemistry / biological effects using in- vitro techniques of lead candidate chemical molecules, for their potential use in crop protection / growth activators under supervision of the team leader.
- Prepare and operate complex instrumentation / cells / membranes required for the experiments.
- Tabulate results, analyze and extrapolate results data to develop theories for explaining observed phenomenon.
- Troubleshoot and solve scientific problems.
- Present results in cross-functional project teams and work across various projects / programs to achieve results
- Document and record findings in research reports / papers for further dessimination / filing.
Process Adherence and Improvements
Adhere to all safety / information security / quality norms related to research procedures.
Participate in process improvement inititatives under direction of Head – Biology.
- Participate in knowledge management initiatives by contributing to KM portal.
- Contribute to competitor intelligence through secondary research , participation in internal / external forums, professional organizational networks.
- Update timesheets / progress trackers and submit to supervisor as directed.
- Lead professional development through continuous learning and development initiatives within and outside the organization.
- Collaborate with team members and cross functional teams to ensure meeting research objectives.
- Masters in Biology (Molecular biology / biochemistry, microbiology) from a reputed University / Institute with excellent academic credentials.
- Candidates who have been part of teams involved in research / technical paper submission will be preferred.
- 2-3 years of post-academic industrial research experience
Industry to be Hired from
- Agro Chemical / Pharma / Research Universities or Institutes
- Absolute proficiency in molecular biology techniques, and a demonstrated ability to rapidly bring new and diverse assays online.
- Excellent clinical and laboratory skills including knowledge of lab procedures (experience in handling of microbials highly appreciated), equipment and protocols.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications & computer programs used for testing.