Designation and Job: Site Safety Manager
Business Unit: API
Work Location: Nanjangud/ Roorkee
Reporting Manager: Manager – Fire and Safety
2. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Job Context: Responsible for safe working practices and adherence to various safety procedures at the unit.
- Challenges: To ensure that the fire safety measures are as per the state’s fire service and perform periodic checks on installed fire safety equipment and fire detection system.
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;Accountabilities ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Scope of work
Compliances related the EHS
- Maintenance of Fire Gadgets like fire tender, Ambulance, fire hydrant system, fire extinguishers, emergency sirens, etc.
- Responsible for regular monitoring of safety preventive measures like checking storage systems and foam protection hydrant systems.
Training on EHS
- Responsible for imparting safety training to Employees, contractors and guards.
- Responsible for audit of firefighting management system.
Work Permits Management
- Responsible for permit system for vehicles/cranes.
- Responsible for work permit system.
Inspection and Surveillance
- Responsible for safety surveillance throughout the shift.
- Plant Round for observing the unsafe act.
- Daily safety Inspection and surveillance of plant area and R and D.
- KEY INTERFACES:
- External Interfaces
- Internal Interfaces
- Government bodies
- Employees, Management and Contractors
- EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
with Target Institute(s): B.E / B.Tech -Fire / Fire and safety engineering
Ms Office or related to compliances
Experience Range: 8-10 years
No. of years post Highest Qualification: 8 years
Desirable experience: 8 years of experience in Fire and safety of large chemical/pharmaceutical industries
- (General Awareness, Working Knowledge, Functional Expert, Mastery)
- Knowledge of operating modern fire and safety equipment
- Having strong hands on experience in handling fire
- Knowledge of Safety Legislation
- Working Knowledge/ Functional Expert
- Good communication skills
- Team spirit
- Time Management
- General Awareness: Knows the fundamental or has general understanding of concepts.
- Working Knowledge: Has broad job knowledge, knows how to apply the full range of concepts and practices and has broad/working knowledge of the subject. Candidate should use these concept in day to day practices.
- Functional Expert: Candidate is certified functional expert with strong knowledge on concepts.
- Mastery: Candidate is subject matter expert and has command over the subject/concepts.