Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output. This university has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools. The University is making its mark at the national and international levels in a number of frontier areas of Science, Social Science, Technology, Medicine and Agriculture etc.
Recruitment of Junior Research Fellow in Department of Pharmaceutical
Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the following position in the research project entitled
“Development of Novel Therapeutics for the Redemption from Frostbite and Burn Injury-induced
Chronic Pain in Military Veterans” sponsored by the Science & Engineering Research Board-Core
Research (SERB-CRG) Grant awarded to Dr. Vinod Tiwari.
Name of the Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF))
Duration of the Position: One year. Extendable up to three years (3 Years) based on the performance.
Emoluments: Rs.31,000+ HRA (as applicable) per month
- Educational Qualification: B.Pharm degree and GPAT/GATE with 55% marks (equivalent grade) in M.Pharm/M.S/M.Tech degree in
- Pharmaceutical Sciences/Biotechnology.
- Experience in cell culture, western blotting, RT-PCR, IHC and in-vivo model of pain and neuroscience is desirable.
- In this project, selected candidate will be working on
- In-vitro and in-vivo models of pain and neuroscience in rodents.
- Small animal surgeries (nerve injury and brain cannulation)
- Molecular biology techniques including western blotting, immunohistochemistry, RTPCR, cell culture etc.
- Data entry and analysis using appropriate softwares such as excel, sigma stat etc
- Writing manuscripts and presenting data in conferences
Upper Age limit as on the last date of application: 28 years. Age relaxation applicable as per Government of India (GoI) rules.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. The position is purely temporary and is coterminous with the project.
2. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a
reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
4. The candidate is expected to join immediately, if selected.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Interested candidates should send their applications strictly in the attached application format
via email to Principal Investigator, Dr. Vinod Tiwari at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 05th February, 2021. Please write “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The
shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email. Tentative date of interview: within two
weeks of application deadline.