Greetings from Cadila Pharmaceutical..!!!
We are hiring Head of Environment, Health and Safety department
Post Name: Head of Environment, Health and Safety department (EHS)
Experience: 12 – 22 years
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Compliance of statutory and regulatory guidelines related to environment, safety and Health.
- Operation and maintenance of effluent treatment plant and incinerator as per standard operating procedures.
- Evaluation of performance parameters of effluent treatment plant by adequate sampling and testing by internal laboratory / laboratories which are approved by pollution control board.
- Documentation related to environment, health and safety
- Developing a team to implement best of the industrial standards of safety practices and inculcate safety culture in day to day working.
- Training of employees by conducting rehearsals on firefighting by arranging mock demonstrations with the use of fire hydrant system and fire extinguishers.
- Developing a team of neighboring industries for ON-SITE and OFF-SITE emergencies.
- Liasoning with pollution control board to obtain consent to operate ETP and handling and storage of hazardous waste in the premises.
- Liasioning with Corporate to improve upon issues related to environment, health and safety at site of CPL Jammu by devising short term and long term plans for all required/recommended corrective measures.
- To ensure processes needed for integrated management system for establishing, implementing and maintaining properly in the department.
- To participate in periodic IMS system audits and to maintain the records.
- To participate in training for internal auditors for IMS system.
- To Participate in various awareness training on environment, health and safety.
- To participate in management review meetings and maintain records of the same.
- Chemical treatment of ETP and monitoring the performance on day to day basis to obtain statutory compliance.
- Operation of incinerator plant to ensure and demonstrate zero discharge system of effluent treatment.
- Checking / inspection of section of plants / plants to ensure that safety systems and procedures and practices are in place and strictly adhered by employees in day to day working.
- Managing ON-JOB training to employees in manufacturing facility and premises to ensure that awareness on safe working improves day by day .
- Management of drains, storm water channels and water ways .
- Conducting trials of fire hydrant system on everyday and develop fighting squadron by training fighters from each department.
- Conducting periodic mock trials on fire fighting, ON-site and OFF-site emergencies and ensure that readiness improves with the time.
- Preventive maintenance :
- Preventive maintenance of effluent treatment plant and incinerator as per schedule of planned preventive maintenance.
- Preventive maintenance of fire hydrant system as per schedule.
- Preventive maintenance of fire extinguishers as per schedule.
Management processes :
- To upgrade existing safety systems with new technology for identifying potential hazards and obtaining quicker response to emerging situations.
- Directing the team for goal oriented performance.
- Evaluating training needs of team and arranging required training from internal / external faculties to continuously improve awareness on safety.